Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dinner from Tea and desert or bust

Had a wonderful dinner with friends and fam last night.  After bustling about in Austin traffic (helped a friend move in the rain), my tea date got moved to later and I suggested  dinner at my place instead of braving the outdoors again.
I ended up making a delicious red lentil stew, even sans onions as per my guest's request.  I added a great red curry paste, veggies, red lentils and eventually a few rice spirals.  During all this, I also made a kale seaweed salad, by saute-ing the kale (a little water after the initial coconut oil with orange and almond essence) and adding sesame seeds, spices and at the end, pre-hydrated seaweed and lemon juice.
Desert was yams cut into rounds, and apples to small wedges, arranged on a plate around a dollop of tahini.  I sprinkled the yams and apples with cinnamon a hint of stevia.
Cooking is giving me one area of my life that I can feel confident fun comfort and ease of control/organization.  I am able to stop the cravings and think of the enjoyment I get from making and eating wholesome and delicious foods that nourish me on many levels.

Am also in the process of preparing the house for a friend to come and help take care of Sanji cause I will be doing a quick weekend in W Texas...there is a songwriter's camping event Thursday, and Saturday is their festival in Presidio--"Dude of the Dead" which I'll be attending until I go to Lajitas Sat pm to join Bruce at the Thirsty Goat in the beautiful badlands hotel boardwalk area.  Looking forward to seeing friends I met the first time and meeting new friends, and hopefully staying at least kinda dry :)  Viva La Majica of the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment