Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My busy life...hehe.

After a tremendously blessed weekend in Terlingua and Lajitas, I drove home Sunday about 2pm towards the great ATX.  The drive flew by much quicker, though by hour 7, in Fredericksburg, I started to really feel it...so my rider, Frank, and I took a lovely 7 minute stroll past the galleries to get fresh air...they have a cool gallery walk first Fridays.  We finally had a chance to see the Alpine natural foods store, Blue Water Natural Foods Co....was lovely and cute.  The size of our old Co-op in Bozeman, probably in bout 1991.  Bob was my cashier, and when I mentioned Austin, he happened to be the step-father of one of my musician friends!
Am working backwards in this entry cause am pretty pressed for time...gotta start practicing again in a few minutes, just took a food break.  Today was so busy with 2 rehearsals and booking (issue resolve-ment)...worked on songwriting first rehearsal.  Almost finished song #2.  Helps so much to be working with people.  Then next rehearsal was with Nefesh trio.  Was fun, and gotta get quicker with arrangement ideas and letting things go when no time! :)
More on the W Tx trip when I have  a little more time.  For now, this week, I am going to a recording session with Ulrich tonight to finish up our new EP, then tomorrow am playing at the JCC with the AGO (Austin Global Orchestra).  Tomorrow pm we'll do another Nefesh rehearsal to get those new songs down, then Thursday a.m. I have another recording session, with Grupo...the music looks and sounds very challenging though exciting as well.  Looking forward to both sessions.
Then have a rehearsal for a Kirtan concert Thursday November 1st, with Robin Bruce and Will.  Then another Nefesh rehearsal in the evening up north...then Fri a.m. going to a yoga class of Robin's, yay!  Then another Robin rehearsal.  Then Saturday hopefully teaching a violin lesson and playing two weddings and maybe a rehearsal, or not...then Sunday farmer's market, then a memorial service with the folk dancers...then maybe Sunday night, NOTHING!!!???!!!  Phew, okay, I can live with that.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment